Ear raid warning

Having reached an age when my hearing now requires aids, I find these in fact distort extraneous sounds so that it is quite useless trying to listen to the radio on long journeys. Also, because of the frequency of these trips to visit our far-flung family, I think I would now appreciate a higher degree of comfort than is presently afforded than my 2006 diesel Skoda Octavia hatch (though I otherwise have no complaint with this car). I have about £15k to spend plus the value of the Skoda. Could you recommend a suitable used alternative?

For quietness and smoothness, a Lexus IS250 automatic. Try to get it on 16" wheels and tyres or at worst 17" wheels and tyres because it is not as comfortable on 18" or 19" wheels.