Which seven-seater MPV should I buy?

My daughter is planning to replace her Chrysler Voyager with a similar seven-seater vehicle. She has looked at the Volkswagen Sharan but thinks it's a bit pricey.

Asked on 15 September 2012 by PE, Bournemouth

The SEAT Alhambra is exactly the same vehicle but is a little cheaper because of the lower status badge. A Ford Galaxy is generally excellent, but is slightly smaller. The cheaper alternatives include the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life, but she might think that looks too much like a van, or the van based eight-seater Hyundai i800. Or the Ssangyong Rodius which doesn’t look like anything else on this earth.
Tags: mpvs 7 seater