Pothole repaired very quickly

On 27th December, my car crashed rather noisily into a pothole. At 9.30pm, I reported the pothole online. At 10.30 the following morning, a Hampshire Council employee rang to establish the exact location, and by the time I drove down the road at 12.30, it had been repaired. At a time of year when many of the private sector businesses I need have closed down for a fortnight, this is seems like excellent service from the public sector.

It's not that. They are scared of liability suits for damage as a result of not fixing reported potholes.