Buying a new SUV

I've had a VW Sharan for 10 years and it's regularly starting to breakdown, so it's time for a new one.

The kids are getting older so there is no need for an MPV anymore, but we prefer to sit up high, so after looking at various 4x4s (Land Rover Freelander2?) and reading your advice we have decided on the KIA Sportage 3 1.7 CRDi 2WD 5dr.
Two major concerns, firstly should we go diesel? We only do 4000-6000 miles per year, mostly around town. If we do buy diesel then is there a risk of the DPF getting blocked?

I haven't had any reports of the DPFs on these causing trouble yet, so I can't tell you if they will. The petrol versions might be quite juicy. The Petrol 1.6GDI version would seem to be the answer, but I have no feedback on them and though they are listed I wonder if they are actually available.
Tags: mpvs dpf suvs 4x4s