Replacing our Octavia

Please advise: When should we change an Octavia 2009 VRS CR estate with 25k miles, and for what? Superb estate, Passat, or an used A6?

Best quality, reliability a priority, petrol or diesel? We do lots of motorway driving in Germany at high speeds.

Asked on 18 April 2011 by EddieLion

Best to avoid VAG 2.0 litre diesel engines altogether and go for the Ford/PSA 2.0 TDCI/HDI which has proven to be far more reliable. A new Citroen C4 2.0HDI 150 is geared at 37.5mph per 1,000rpm in 6th, is very quick indeed from 70 to 90 and over the weekend and more than 600 miles we got 52.2mpg.

Tags: buying