I received my new driving licence within a few days - is this unusual?

I received a reminder from the DVLA to renew my licence on Monday 25 April. I did it online the same day and returned my old licence to Swansea. The new licence arrived on Thursday 28 April. I was amazed - could this be a record?

Asked on 6 May 2022 by Stuart McIntyre

Answered by Sarah Tooze
There are no delays with DVLA's online services and the turnaround time is typically within five working days. However, not everyone can use the online service and there are still delays with the paper applications.