Nissan Pulsar - should we keep or sell?

My son has a 2016 Nissan Pulsar 1.5 diesel. It has 60,000 miles and is fully serviced, including cam belt change. To date, it has been totally reliable and the lease is ending soon. Is it worth buying the car or best to return it? Wondering if there are potential future problems with the diesel engine.

Asked on 19 January 2022 by brianq

The Nissan Pulsar has a generally good reputation for reliability, although the CVTs can be expensive to fix they go wrong. All reported faults for this model are listed, here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/note-2013/good

The decision to keep the car or take out a new lease will very much depend on your son's personal financial circumstances. But I would suggest checking the value of the car before accepting the final payment. You can look up the value with our free price tool, here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/