Can you recommend a practical but small SUV that will carry our bowls equipment and dog?

We are aged 80 and want a hatchback or small SUV with a flat boot that will take our heavy bowls equipment and/or carry our dog. We cover about 6000 miles a year, with a drive of 250 miles three times a year to our daughter on the Pennines.

We favour Korean or Japanese manufacturers, although tried a Kona and were disappointed. Not keen on electric and have around £18,000 plus our 2009 Toyota Auris to spend on a nearly new vehicle. What can you recommend for us?

Asked on 18 January 2022 by Colin Davies

We'd recommend a Skoda Kamiq. Although it's not made by a Korean or Japanese manufacturer, it's an excellent little SUV that'd be well suited to your requirements. Alternatively, look at a Honda Jazz. It's a very versatile hatchback and your budget will get the latest hybrid model.