What's the best small SUV under £18,000?

I have a budget between £15,000 and £18,000 to spend on a SUV. I need something reliable, cheap to run, nice to drive, cheap road tax and good mpg. Open to a diesel, petrol or self charging hybrid and I do about 6000 miles a year.

Asked on 26 October 2021 by Steve Clayton

I'd recommend the Toyota C-HR 1.8-litre petrol hybrid. It's comfortable, easy to drive and backed by Toyota's excellent reputation for reliability. Road tax will be affordable and Real MPG drivers get 58mpg.

You should be able to get a three-year example for £18,000: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/c-hr-2016/