Can you recommend a reliable alternative to a Land Rover Discovery?

My daughter has a Land Rover Discovery which spends more time in the main dealer's workshop than on the road. It's costing them a fortune, which they can't afford. They need to get rid of it! They have three children in car seats, too. Which makes and models would you suggest for a secondhand purchase at a reasonable price? Kind regards.

Asked on 13 April 2021 by Richard Carey

A Toyota Land Cruiser is a good alternative to the Discovery but their reputation for indestructibility means they hold their value incredibly well. A Citroen C5 Aircross could be a good option – they represent good value for money and have three individual rear seats, which helps with fitting child seats (although only the outer seats have Isofix points). Also consider a Skoda Kodiaq or maybe the new Toyota Highlander.