Can you get a crossover hybrid with a manual transmission?

I'm looking to replace two cars with one. My wife loves her Nissan Qashqai and I need an estate type car. We would like to change to a petrol hybrid. Can you get a crossover hybrid with a manual transmission?

Asked on 1 February 2021 by glynnem

You won't find a full hybrid crossover with a manual gearbox. There are some mild-hybrid models with a manual transmission, though – look at the new Hyundai Tucson or a Suzuki SX-4 S-Cross. These can't travel under electric power alone but do have a small battery and electric motor to provide a little electrical assistance and recuperate energy ordinarily lost under braking.