Can you recommend a large car to replace my Discovery 3?

I currently drive a Land Rover Discovery 3 (2004), which I'm looking to replace. I need something with a big boot for 2 large dogs and capable of towing a caravan. I love my Discovery not only for its capability but how comfortable and easy it is on a long journey. I'm looking at up to three years old with a max budget of £22,500 and assume a diesel is still the best option. I doubt there is an electric vehicle that can fulfil my needs but would be pleased if you can suggest one! Any suggestions welcome.

Asked on 11 December 2020 by Susan Hair

If it's a small, lightweight caravan and you regularly cover short journeys, a petrol or hybrid might be a better option. Otherwise, stick with a diesel. We'd recommend a Skoda Kodiaq – your budget will get a 2017 model with a 2.0-litre diesel engine and four-wheel drive. It's got a big boot and will be cheap to run, while its 2000kg towing capacity is enough for a fairly hefty caravan. We'd also recommend a Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe.