What SUV will hold its value over the next five years?

Can you suggest a reliable SUV under £9000 that will hold its value over 5 years? I live in Bristol so was leaning towards petrol.

Asked on 8 December 2020 by R Ahtom

Unfortunately, unless you buy a classic car, any SUV you buy will depreciate in value over five years. You could go for something like a classic Range Rover – a tidy one could be a good investment but it'll need regular maintenance. Otherwise, a reliable SUV for £9k would be a Suzuki Vitara or, if you need more space, a Honda CR-V. We'd recommend a petrol if you live (or regularly drive into) the centre of Bristol.