Is it foolish to buy a petrol car if I live in London?

I'm considering buying a secondhand Fiat 500X. I don't want to spend more than £8,500, however, I'm not sure if it's foolish to buy a petrol over, say, a second hand Toyota Yaris hybrid. I like the interior/exterior of the Fiat 500X, but am nervous about resale value/the move towards electric/hybrid. If it makes a difference, I live in London just outside the ULEZ extension so it will be used for mainly getting out of London. Any advice would be much appreciated. Open to suggestions, too! Thanks.

Asked on 29 September 2020 by Rachel Laws

No, it's not at all foolish to buy a petrol car at the moment. An older diesel wouldn't be a sensible move but a small petrol engine still makes sense as a secondhand purchase, even in London. We'd also recommend looking at a Suzuki Vitara with the 1.6 petrol engine.