Can I upgrade a car stereo to include Apple CarPlay?

I'm looking to buy an Audi A3 Sportback from 2011/12 but would like to upgrade the stereo to include Bluetooth and, ideally, Apple CarPlay. Can anyone give me any advice on the possibility of this and any brands/services you would recommend to get it done?

Asked on 7 August 2020 by Tom Lees

You can definitely get that done - Halfords sells a great range and they'll fit it too. I'd order the stereos on Halfords site by popularity and see which ones are rated best by customers if I were you. We've tested this one and very much liked it, though we fitted it ourselves: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/review-sony-xav-ax100.../