Full Electric, petrol or a Hybrid but twith 7 seats

A family member has a diesel Ford S-MAX. It's nearing time for a newer model and they require seven seats. They have always liked the Ford but London has begun discriminating against diesel. They cover around 12,000 miles per year with some milage inside London and frequent return trips to Maidstone. Occasional trips to Scotland too. What petrol, electric or hybrid seven-seater do you recommend?

Asked on 31 July 2020 by

The Skoda Kodiaq is our seven-seater of choice. It's an SUV, available with 1.5- and 2.0-litre petrol engines. If your family member would prefer a people carrier like the S-MAX, we'd recommend a Toyota Prius+. It's a very reliable hybrid MPV. Also consider a petrol Citroen Grand C4 Spacetourer.