Is an MoT failure on a used car a red flag?

I want to buy a 2016 Skoda Fabia from a main dealer. It's had one owner and has 35,000 miles on clock, but it failed the MoT last year due to Malfunction Indicator Light failure - which was fixed. I'll speak to the dealer again to find out what was wrong, but I'm wondering if this is a red flag? Is it a recurrent issue with the model?

Asked on 16 July 2020 by Jo

A big red flag, in my opinion. Unless the dealer has a very good explanation for the problem, I'd recommend finding another Skoda Fabia to buy. There are thousands of 1.2 TSI Fabias on the used market and there really is no need to take a risk on one with a suspect history.