Could you suggest a car to purchase for a taxi?

Can you please advise on what would be a suitable used car to purchase for a taxi (in Dorset)? Our budget is £10,000. We would need an automatic and would be most grateful for your advice.

Asked on 18 June 2020 by Anya Van Arme

As you're based in Dorset, I'm presuming you won't be covering many motorway miles. With that in mind, a hybrid probably makes the most sense. A Toyota Prius or Auris would be a good purchase. There's the Prius+ too, if you'd like a bit more space. Alternatively, consider a Lexus CT 200h if you'd like something a bit more upmarket. They're all extremely reliable cars with low running costs - hence their popularity with taxi drivers.
Tags: taxis