Will the Land Rover Defender be offered as a hybrid in future?

Do you know if Land Rover are planning hybrid versions of the Defender or Discovery?

Asked on 18 June 2020 by

Yes, there's a plug-in hybrid Defender due in 2021. It's likely to be badged the P400e and will probably use the same 2.0-litre petrol engine and electric motor combination as the Range Rover PHEV. The Discovery is due to be facelifted next year and it's likely that will be offered with the same plug-in hybrid setup, too. If you'd rather not charge your car, both are expected to be offered with mild-hybrid setups, although Land Rover isn't likely to go down the conventional 'self-charging' hybrid route.