Are issues with the Fiat 500 common?

Have you received any reports of faulty Fiat 500 TwinAir models? My garage says the unit cannot be tested and only replaced at a cost of £611! There's a fault with cylinder two inlet valve sticking open. Other cause of fault could be the ECU. They have spoken to two Fiat dealers, both said they sell at least one of these units per month. I was wondering if it's a design fault. The car is a 2014 model. Not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Asked on 11 June 2020 by Roger Foster

There is an increasing number of problems with Fiat 500 TwinAir petrols. If the car has a full dealer warranty then it's worth asking the dealer to make a case of a goodwill payment from Fiat. But sadly this is the latest in a long list of problems with the 500: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/fiat/500-2007/good/