Should I accept an offer for my car of hold off because of Coronavirus?

I had a very good offer from a trader for my car now even if not buying another just yet. Do you think trade in prices will plunge in the next few weeks?

Also, should one be able to buy in a few weeks, are prices likely to be very keen as dealers strive to shift stock?

Asked on 18 March 2020 by edward russell

Answered by Dan Powell
Average used prices are expected to climb in the coming weeks, but the price spikes will be dependant on the make, model and condition of car: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro.../

There will be delays to new factory ordered cars, but there are lots of delivery mileage pre-reg vehicles on the market, which means you will be in a very strong position to find an as-new replacement: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/?age=1&a...c
Dear Honest John,

Please help me choose my next car. I would like it to have:
    Select a few terms below
Similar questions
Can I back out of trading in my old car and still buy the new one?
I am about to trade in my old Ford Focus for a year-old Focus. I've just noticed an item on the quote listed as "Documentation and Taxation" with a value of £74.73 plus VAT. I don't recall this being...
I have a new Mazda CX-5 from stock due for part exchange with a 4 year old Skoda Superb in early January. I've read your 'Best for 2017' and saw new improved CX-5 due mid 2017. The garage are happy to...
 

Value my car