I bought a car that was advertised with a full service history, but the garage now cannot find the books in question. What do I do now?

I’ve just taken delivery of a 2012 Honda Civic, which was advertised as having a full service history. The ad online had a picture of the stamped book, but the garage now cannot find the books in question. They've also stopped responding to my emails. Do I have any legal rights in this matter?

Asked on 2 March 2020 by Barry Skelton

Take the car back to the dealer and tell them (firmly but politely) that you are not prepared to accept the vehicle without the full-service history. If they are unable to supply the service documents, reject the car. For your consumer rights, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-reject-a-car-your-cons...s