What automatic car should I replace my old Kia Picanto with?

I'm looking to replace my 2005 Kia Picanto (automatic) with something similar, but more up to date. My budget is up to £8000 and a torque converter would be preferred. I'm only doing 4000 miles a year. Any recommendations?

Asked on 27 February 2020 by Daniela

It might seem like the obvious choice but another Kia Picanto would be a really good option. There aren't many small cars available with good torque-converter autos, but the Picanto is one of them. Your budget will get you a good 2015 or 2016 example. Also consider the very similar Hyundai i10 or, if you'd prefer something a little bigger, a Hyundai i20 or Vauxhall Corsa.