I'm looking at buying a 10 year old Mercedes-Benz SLK - how can I ensure things like brakes and fluids are okay?

I'm looking at buying a 10 year old Mercedes-Benz SLK with 22,000 on the clock. However, it has only been serviced at 9000 miles (2014) and just recently by the car dealer. What do I need to have done to ensure brakes, fluids, belts etc are up to scratch?

Asked on 27 January 2020 by Chris Cloke

Answered by Keith Moody
You'll want to treat it as a big service. Engine oil and filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, dust filter, and coolant. But it will be the visual checks - condition of brake pads and discs, making sure there aren't any leaks, looking for chafe marks, checking for wear on the rubber boots etc.