I'm retired and want to replace my diesel car - what do you suggest?

I'm thinking of changing my diesel Honda CR-V. My local dealer has a SEAT Tarraco 1.5 Evo SE Tech at £21k if registered before the end of October - which seems a very good deal. Also, what is your opinion of the Nissan X-Trail? There seems to be quite a wide range of opinions. I'm open to any other suggestions, I need a fair amount of height from the boot floor to the roof as I have a large dog. Diesels are generally much cheaper but given I'm now retired I guess they don't make sense for me.

The Tarraco's a great car but the 1.5 engine is problematic: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2019-07/no-end-...s

The Nissan X-Trail is pretty dated now. I'd recommend a Peugeot 5008. You're right to avoid diesels unless you cover high motorway miles.