What car would you recommend for a young lady who has recently passed her test?

What would you recommend for a young lady who has recently passed her test and has a budget of £7000 to £8000? Reliability is important.

Asked on 7 October 2019 by Antony Tomblin

I'd recommend a Kia Picanto. It should be very reliable and your budget will get one with plenty of its original seven-year warranty remaining. It will be very cheap to run, too. Also, consider the very similar Hyundai i10 or, if she'd prefer something a little bigger, a Suzuki Swift.