Snow chains

Which axle should chains be fitted to on a Honda CR-V given that it has a unusual inter-diff?

Asked on 17 December 2010 by rodger747

Front. But, of course, only on soft or hard packed snow.
I'm thinking about buying a set of winter tyres and wheels. Should I buy narrow wheels and tyres (to dig into the snow) or wider ones (to have more rubber gripping on the snow). I recall that rally drivers...
According to the manual, the tyres on this car (GTD) cannot be fitted with snow chains. We are driving to the French Alps where snow chains must be carried. The car has winter tyres, although these are...
Do you have a view on the worthiness of Snow Socks as advertised on www.snowchains.co.uk please?
Roomy and versatile. Very comfortable, pleasant and relaxing to drive. not at all cumbersome. 2.2 i-CTDI diesel is excellent.

£155.08