What affordable small car would you suggest for a young couple with a baby?

My son and daughter in law will need a car to accommodate their new baby and kit. They are both six feet tall and live in a crowded city street so need a combination of internal room, modest external dimensions, five doors and a petrol engine. They have around £9,000 to spend on a new car or used car. What would you recommend?

Consider a Dacia Sandero. It's a budget option (and feels it in some ways), but £9000 will get a brand new one in Comfort trim with the TCe 90 petrol engine. It's bigger than many rivals, with a big boot, and access to the rear seats is easy. Also consider a Honda Jazz. It's very versatile and will be reliable. A £9k budget will get you a 2018 model.