Can you recommend a petrol engined car with adequate power and torque for towing a 1200kg caravan?

Could you recommend a petrol engined car with adequate power and torque for towing a 1200kg caravan? It should have automatic torque converter transmission. My previous car was a Saab with a 2.3t engine which was an excellent match (although a manual).

Asked on 24 May 2019 by MICHAEL WILLIAMS

A Mercedes-Benz C-Class would be a good option. It comes with the brand's excellent 9G-Tronic torque-converter gearbox and can comfortably tow a 1200kg following the 85 per cent rule. It's also a lovely car to drive. If you'd prefer something a bit cheaper, consider a Mazda 6 - although its naturally-aspirated petrol engines lack torque.