What 4x4 should I buy?

I am looking to buy a used car, ideally only about three years old. I want 4x4 option, sits high on the road, petrol/hybrid with leg room in the back for growing teenagers when front seats are pushed back. I normally keep my cars for quite a few years so reasonable to repair. My budget is around £14K. Any suggestions?

I think a Suzuki Vitara would be a good choice. It will be very reliable and meets all your requirements, although there isn't a hybrid option. Your budget will get you a 2016 SZ5 model. Also consider the SX4 S-Cross.