Am I mad to want to buy a Jaguar as my last car?

My first car bought in Malaya in 1954 was a used Jaguar one and half litre. When I sold it I promised myself that my last car would be a Jaguar. I am now in position to buy a used Jaguar for around £20K. My wife thinks that at 85 I must be mad, what do you think?

Asked on 31 December 2018 by brian parratt

Sadly, the Jaguar XE has not been anything like as popular as Jaguar had hoped (not even selling the the volumes of the old X-Type). If you go for one, the diesels have not been too much trouble and are EU6, but still better to buy one with a petrol engine. Go for the smallest wheels with the deepest profile tyres you can find.