Is it better when buying a used car to go for an older vehicle with a lower mileage or a younger vehicle with a higher mileage?

I am about to buy a Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC with 88000 miles for £3500. I am slightly concerned about the high mileage for a relatively young car and from the car check I carried out it seems to have done 20000 miles each year from 2013 until 2017 when it settles down to one or two thousand. Is this indicative of anything other than one owner used it more? Generally, is it better when buying a used car to go for an older vehicle with a lower mileage or a younger vehicle with a higher mileage?

We wouldn't be too concerned about the mileage if the price is right - Hondas handle high miles well and it's probably better that it's been used for regular long journeys than lots of short journeys around town. It sounds like it might have been used as a fleet car for its first four years, covering high miles with a company car user, before being sold to a private owner. I wouldn't be too worried about this as long as there's evidence of regular servicing. We'd generally choose a newer, high mileage model as long as it's been well maintained.