I am a UK resident but have a home in Spain - can I bring my Spanish registered car back to the UK for short periods?

I am a UK resident but have a home in Spain. Can I bring my Spanish registered car back to the UK for short periods?

Asked on 10 September 2018 by hammerman

Answered by David Ross
Technically no. The DVLA says that the provision allowing a foreign vehicle to be used temporarily in the UK relies on the individual being a resident in the country that the vehicle is registered in. If you are resident in the UK you would not be able to use a foreign registered vehicle in the UK. You would need to register the vehicle in the UK should you wish to use it in the UK.

Further information is available here: www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/temporar...s