Can you recommend an EV with good ground clearance?

I live a couple of miles down a forestry track in Wales. Our Nissan Leaf copes well, but it is now due for replacement as the PCP will be up. The new Leaf has less ground clearance than our model, so should we look for alternatives or shall I get out my tractor and shovel and buy the new Leaf?

Asked on 3 September 2018 by John

I'd recommend the Hyundai Kona Electric. I drove it recently and it's a really good car, with a range of up to 300 miles and 170mm of ground clearance. The biggest problem you'll have is sourcing one - it's brand new, with Hyundai only taking orders via its Click to Buy website. Alternatively, the Jaguar I-Pace is also an excellent electric vehicle, with a 298-mile range and air suspension so you can increase ground clearance when driving down your forestry track. It's surprisingly capable off road but quite expensive - starting at £58,995 after the Plug-in Car Grant.