MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - Harry Pearce
Hi
I am contemplating buying a cooper s from a main dealer 1 owner 36000 there seems to mixed reviews on the car some love it some hate it.. Can anyone advise if these cars are a good buy or really am I throwing my money away.

Kind regards

Edited by Harry Pearce on 11/03/2013 at 21:43

MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - Collos25

A disaster waiting to happen,fabulous to drive if you like that sort of thing but you will require very deep pockets to keep it running.Google this site for many of the shortcomings of this vehicle.

MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - oldtoffee

Engines prone to expensive failures - I found this out when researching a used Citroen DS3 which uses the same powerplant but less powerful. The Minis also need regular 4 wheel alignment fettling to keep the handling up to scratch.

Very quick car, great handling if a little firm riding and some say quite noisy.

MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - madf

A friend owned one. Undriveable round here if you have a bad back: very hard suspension - we have potholes and speed humps... the car is absoltely impossible to drive comfortably on them...

MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - Avant

Go for an ordinary Mini Cooper: a little slower but still fun to drive. You'll get a newer one for your money. My wife has had a succession of Coopers with no problems so far - admittedly she's boufght them new.

MINI Cooper S 2007 - Mini Cooper S - Collos25

If you do buy a Mini be aware of the model change the newer versions apart from being much more reliable there is a tremendous difference in performance have a lowering of the Co2 which means much cheaper road tax along with much higher MPG .