Ford Mondeo 2.0LX TDCI - Flashing Glow Plug warning light - Tyeman

My glow plug lamp is continually flashing but when attached to the analyser no fault is shown. I have had the plus changed and still it flashes. Other symptoms I have are bad starting 10 - 15 turnovers before it starts and then it runs rough with clouds of white smoke and a rattle in the engine. After a short while the engine settles down and I can pull away. The smoke then soon stops and after about a mile the engione runs normally. I am still getting 55ish mpg and the performance does not appear to be affected.

Ford Mondeo 2.0LX TDCI - Flashing Glow Plug warning light - skidpan

My glow plug lamp is continually flashing but when attached to the analyser no fault is shown. I have had the plus changed and still it flashes. Other symptoms I have are bad starting 10 - 15 turnovers before it starts and then it runs rough with clouds of white smoke and a rattle in the engine. After a short while the engine settles down and I can pull away. The smoke then soon stops and after about a mile the engione runs normally. I am still getting 55ish mpg and the performance does not appear to be affected.

There is something seriously wrong with your car.

I had a 2.0 TDCi Mondeo and on average got approx. 40 mpg. On a holiday run could just about squeeze 50 mpg out if it. If you are getting 55 mpg you own a one off car and I would recommend that you do not touch it in any way.

Ford Mondeo 2.0LX TDCI - Flashing Glow Plug warning light - Tyeman

Hi,

After my garage changed the Glow Plugs (with no noticeable change) they spoke with someone they called the "Diesel Man" who advised that all was needed was to re-programme the injectors. Now this has been done the warning light has stopped flashing and the car now starts first time. I have used one of the fuel additives sold by Halfords (Comma Diesel Magic) and am currently giving the engine a burn out. Still seem to be getting 48 - 50 mpg even at 80mph on motorways. Hopefully when I resort to the sensible 50 - 60 on journey to work mpg will pick up again.