Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - Vagtastic

Hi I could do with some advice. I replaced The copper injector seals and the plastic seals on a 2005 1.4 tdci ford fiesta today and after putting it back together and bleeding it up i turned the key to start it up and all i got was a clicking from the starter motor which i thought was strange because it started fine before commencing work on it, it just ran rough that was all. After aload of investigating I'm still no closer to finding out what is wrong with it. Initially i thought it might of had a bad earth but after bridging a lead from the negative terminal to the engine hoist bracket it still wouldn't turn over even tried another battery but nothing. Hopefully someone can help.

Rich.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - Peter.N.

Try connecting a wire from the battery+ to the small terminal on the starter, just touch it on there, if it clicks but doesn't turn either the solonoid or starter are faulty. You can find out which if you are brave, short the two large terminals of the starter together with a thick and preferably old screwdriver, you should have a shower of sparks and the starter will turn if its OK. Check that both your batteries are charged.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - injection doc

check the battery but are you sure you havent flooded the cylinder or cylinders with Diesel ? and hydraulic locked the engine ? food for thought

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - Vagtastic

Hi cheers for all the replys to my post. Turned out to be a dodgy starter motor and a duff battery. Strange how they only showed them selfs when I done the injectors though which is weird. But a new starter motor and new battery cured it and now it's running good.

Thank you.

Richie.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - barbdaz

hi there did you get this issue sorted my daughters car is 2008 just had injectors seals done and just clicks but my timing belt wont turn manualy either thanks

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI - Starting problem. - barbdaz

sorry never read the end post