ford mondeo esatate petrol st 220 - 2006 model - air conditioning ford mondeo - frenchmagpie

I have been pleased with this car so far. I regassed the air con at 50 000 miles and all was ok. I noticed that it was not working very well a few weeks ago and had it re gassed at a ford main dealer. It made no difference. I have now done 100 000 miles

The air con still works but is not very cold. At over 21 C outside temperature the air coming into the car is luke warm.

Any ideas?

ford mondeo esatate petrol st 220 - 2006 model - air conditioning ford mondeo - matt1086
It's dirt on the matrix rails where it has condensed then dried up dust drying up on it every time used over the years probes due to pollen filter not being changed the air going past it isn't getting as cold because the rails are filled with deposits of dried dust that's been wet. Find where it is clean it think you can buy a cleaner that you spray past the pollen filter but in your case I would find it an clean it.

Regards matt
ford mondeo esatate petrol st 220 - 2006 model - air conditioning ford mondeo - matt1086
Also look at your air conditioning compressor with engine running and air con off inspect it whilst you get someone to switch aircon on if it engages then you know it is working as it should. It has a live going to the clutch and will have pressure regulator that senses enough pressure which will allow a relay to energise allowing the current to supply the clutch on the compressor you will noticly see this happen if working correctly the clutch will engage.

Regards matt
ford mondeo esatate petrol st 220 - 2006 model - air conditioning ford mondeo - elekie&a/c doctor
High mileage mondeo variants often suffer with a worn clutch/hub friction plate on the compressor.This can cause the pump to not engage correctly.The wear can be adjusted by removing/replacing clearance shims On the pump.hth