BMW 520D M SPORT 2007 - BMW 520D Auto - Clunk/Jolt on Start - STEVIED553

- As soon as I hit the start button, a second later, - JOLT or CLUNK - the car does move. It does vary but not by much.
I did the "reset" last night and it remained, although I did convinve myself gear changes were smoother.
In Sport, I do get a jolt on the transit through in some of the gears, some of the time.

What am i looking at here ? The Norm or a problem.. Only got it last week! <*** title="Sad" src="http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif" alt=":(" />

BMW 520D M SPORT 2007 - BMW 520D Auto - Clunk/Jolt on Start - Peter.N.

Rear propshaft universal joint?

BMW 520D M SPORT 2007 - BMW 520D Auto - Clunk/Jolt on Start - STEVIED553
Hi,

BMW have had the car and diagnosed and rectified the following but makes no sense to me ? Anyone hazard a guess ??

As noted above, immeadiately after start I get a thump/clunk/knock (not all 3!) from the gearbox area. It is seriously like soeone under the car hitting the underside with a mallet.
More often there when cold but warm as well.

This is exactly what I was told was the problem : " We found a gearbox linkage out of adjustment cable under the centre console" Its not a typo, that's how it was described incase the grammer buffs spot the error!.. What the hel* does that mean, and how would that be the cause.

* Note its not a Cable 'slap' noise, it's a thump like something engaging.. so what was o/o/adjustment ? Any Auto Box experts have an idea? - PLEASE ?

Still dont have car back, some paint work being done, but "apparently" its fixed.. ANY light appreciated.

SD