Is your local garage worth shouting about? We want to hear about it. | No thanks
skoda superb - built in satnav updates  
skoda superb - built in satnav updates - concrete

Hello each, I realise this subject has probably been covered previously, but humour me. My '55 plate Superb has the makers built in sat nav system. The original dvd disc was over £120 +VAT six years ago. I am loath to shell out an even larger amount now just to update a few new roads etc. and the car may last another 6 years or 6 months; who knows. Is there a reliable method or company that can update my system for a reasonable sum? Someone on the forum will have the answers. Thank you. Concrete

Tags: owning sat nav reliability used cars

skoda superb - built in satnav updates - Andy P

www.satnavi.com/skoda.php

www.satnavi.com/skoda.php

Thanks Andy, I followed the link and sure enough they seem to offer satnav updates for most makes. The pictures they show look from later models than mine. My daughter has a '10 plate Superb and it looks like one of the pictures shown. There does not seem to be contact point where I could ask someone if it will work on a '55 plate Superb. I will investigate further and e mail them my question. Thanks agian for taking the trouble. Cheers Concrete

skoda superb - built in satnav updates - daveyjp
Be careful with cheap versions. I have read of Jag owners buying new non jag sourced satnav discs and it screws the whole system up leading to an expensive dealer visit.
Be careful with cheap versions. I have read of Jag owners buying new non jag sourced satnav discs and it screws the whole system up leading to an expensive dealer visit.

Thanks Daveyjp, a timely warning. I suppose I can only go on others experience previously. I did read in the weekend Telegraph that satnavi worked well for someone, so that is a positive. Cheers Concrete

skoda superb - built in satnav updates - gordonbrown
The discs in that link are not genuine. You might as well download your own copies for free rather than pay someone else to do the same thing!

Join the discussion

Latest News & Road Tests

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube