Toyota Yaris MMT 2007 - Rejecting a used Car - Mr Fox

My Father recently traded in his '03 Yaris Automatic for an 07 Newer model with MMT automatic transmission.

He collected the new car 5 weeks ago and since then has taken it back to the garage several times as he was convinced the gearbox was faulty.

Every time they told him it was fine until the last visit this week, on driving away from the garage, smoke started pouring from under the car, so they deduced that the clutch had failed and offered to replace it if he were to pay for the parts.

The car is now left with the garage. He has not agreed to pay for anything but the car needs fixing.

They have told him several different reasons why the car doesn't drive properly as the old Yaris did, and we are now convinced that the vehicle is not fit for purpose. So how can we go about getting this put right ?

Toyota Yaris MMT 2007 - Rejecting a used Car - LucyBC
The fault would be deemed to be present at the time he bought the car so they are responsible for the full repair costs.

I can assist in getting them to agree to this. Contact me at asklucy@honestjohn.co.uk
Toyota Yaris MMT 2007 - Rejecting a used Car - Mr Fox

Thanks Lucy,

I've actually just been to visit them and they have already agreed to this, plus they will offer a 12 months extra warranty on the car.

Additionally they agreed that if when the car is repaired, My father is still not happy with it, they will source him a "proper" automatic car of equivalent value.

I think this is a reasonable resolution, and when they were confronted with all the facts of the case and the legal position, they could not do anything else.