how much discount off a used Ford - JohnDeere

My wife wants to buy a used Smax. How much discount do you think a main dealer could offer off one worth about £18k (1yr old) ???

What should I offer to end up with this :?

how much discount off a used Ford - Falkirk Bairn

Buy a new car for little more than the year old 2nd hand one

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/deals/?make=Ford&cat=new&mod=S+Max

how much discount off a used Ford - JohnDeere

Would 10%-12% sound achievable, ie getting about £2k off ?? Bearing in mind brokers are now giving 12 - 15% off these cars new ?

how much discount off a used Ford - Nomag

We were in the same situation last year. I had every intention of buying a used S-max but there were no discounts to be had on used ones - I tried lots of dealers.

In the end it made much more sense to buy new through a broker (Drive the Deal). We did have to wait for delivery (9 weeks) but got the exact spec we wanted for the same price brand new as we could get used. What's more there was a good finance deal at the time for HP through Ford on the new car.

It was a painless process and I would do it again, but there again we didn't have a car to sell which does make things a lot easier, obviously.

BTW the Ford is quite simply the best all round family car I could imagine. I don't feel like I'm driving a van but have all the space I need. Recommended.

how much discount off a used Ford - Roly93

Can't you get an S-Max through Ford Direct ?

Have a look at what the car supermarkets are selling them for and go for a similar price for the dealre to supply from the Natonal Ford Direct database.