"Problems" with GSI Zafira - greaser pv
I did take delivery of a new GSI in Oct. This is the first new car we have bought. I am a mechanic by trade. I am unsure as to when to start querying faults , or whether they are indeed faults, with our local dealer. The most worrying is a distinct grumble from the engine when revved and re-revved before the engine idles, can hear it from cold but more noticeable when hot. It is awkward to select 2nd gear moreso when cold. The immobiliser system is temperamental and the computer display has a mind of it's own. The return on the front sunroof switch has to be held until closed ( before it was a one touch operation ). The steering system makes a strange groan on first forward turn.I still like the car and the styling is good , however in view of the above I have lost some confidence in it. Any thoughts ?
Problems with gsi zafira - greaser pv
Perhaps I'm wearing the wrong anti-perspirant, and that explains the lack of response, or no-one is interested ?
Problems with gsi zafira - Blue {P}
Sounds like you do have a bit of a lemon there, I would start querying the faults straight away, certainly while your first years warranty is present.

I queried the teething problems on my first Fiesta straight away. They had to replace a double locking mechanism which they said the car shouldn't have, and a tensioner in the altenator belt I think.

One dealer who is aware that my car is an import is dying to use it as a reason to refuse work on it. I think it's nice that they actually remember me every time I go in :) I won't be going back though...

Can you not list these faults in writing to the dealer and see what effort they make to resolve them if the first attempt fails?
"Problems" with GSI Zafira - Dynamic Dave
With regard to the sunroof, I think you'll find that you have to hold the switch until it's closed, for safety reasons. It's only one touch to open it. That's how the sunroof in my Vectra is wired anyway. Unfortunatly the sunroof electrics aren't as clever as they are for the driver and passenger electric windows, where if they detect an obstruction they open again.
Zafira - Keith S
Perhaps the sunroof needs to be programmed, as the windows do after the battery has been disconnected. See your handbook for the programming procedure.

The other things are clearly anoying. However I don't think the Vauxhall dealer will help until a part has failed. They will take it in and smile, and ring you to say it is all done and ready for collection. Then as you drive 50 yards down the road you will notice they have not done a thing.