Xtype Disel - Jaguar Warranty Issue - drmk

I have a jaguar X type Diesel 2L SE (2008). I bought it about 9 months back from authorized dealer and now the clutch is gone and the dealership is saying it driving style and wear and tear and wont honour the warranty

Xtype Disel - Jaguar Warranty Issue - the_bandit

What was the mileage when you bought it and what is it now?

Reason for asking mine failed at 30k whilst under warranty with reason quoted as wear and tear.

I contacted the manufacturer regarding a claim and they were having none of it.

Xtype Disel - Jaguar Warranty Issue - rigby

Don't make the same mistake I did when Jaguar dishonoured their warranty. Don't use a lawyer - I was quoted (after running up a bill of £3366.35) a price of +/- £24K to take Jaguar to court. Then one of Honest John's team recommended The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited - phone: 08006920825. I actually dealt with a very knowledgeable and helpful fellow called Partrick Gildea. Explain the problem and he will hold your hand and guide you right through to The Independent Dispute Resolution Service (IDRS). This is a free service, though you do have to pay a small fee - maximum fee is £200 to sue for up to £10K which is refundable if you win. No solicitors, no time in court, minimum hassle and very very fair.

On the subject of the clutch, a friend had the same car as me and had exactly the same clutch trouble as you - it is NOT driving style or wear & tear. It IS a Jaguar fault in that it is a botch using faulty parts. After a lot of fighting with Jaguar, they eventually repaired his clutch under warranty, only for it to go again after only a few weeks: after that they did a proper job using the new and updated parts and fixed the problem. He finally got so sick of the hassle of fighting Jaguar and sold the car at considerable loss and is now driving a BMW.

Good luck - and give 'em hell!!