What`s your elevation? - oilrag

What`s your elevation? (well.. better than asking age, gender and location ;-) or is it?

cough

Anyway, I`m at about 90ft above sea level, on the sofa - though not sure if that`s when the tide is out or in. - from the Sat Nav info on the phone, that is.

Might walk into town to Costa Coffee again shortly and have a large one- with a chocolate tiffin. Should burn that off don`t you think - a couple of miles walking and another hundred feet or so in elevation?

So what are you doing right now - and what`s your elevation?

oilrag

What`s your elevation? - ohsoslow

Elevation: 784ft in Staffordshire Moorlands.

Doing.....lunchtime, sat at my desk, the car complete with sat nav giving elevation is only a couple of yards away, so give or take a few inches that's where I am.

A glass of juice, that's orange juice, then I'll be back at work for this afternoon unless Herself returns early, then I might get out in the MX-5 while the sun is still shining if I speak to her nicely. (Someone has to mind the office).

What`s your elevation? - billy25

Here i be stood in my living room being trained in proper use of hoover, before being allowed to move to "Advanced Dusting" (in which i get to move the "Precious Things" that i normally wouldn`t dare!) and all this at 65ft 8ins (to the top of my head!)

On the Nokia below, latitude and longitude it says

Accuracy 76ft

Altitude 299ft

Alt. aac 46ft

Speed 1.6 mph - walking back in, from outside

(think I made a mistake with this Mornings `90ft` from inside the house)

There`s a bit of fluctuation going on.. especially inside the house where the signal might be affected by the junk in the loft...

I seem to remember the old `spinning disc` Sat Nav on the 2002 doblo showing something like that too.(300ft)

Incidentally, I was looking at a contour map a while back of Hull - and there is at least one road on an estate only 3ft above sea level...

Edited by oilrag on 09/07/2010 at 16:49

I have long since passed the hoovering profficiency test to Herself's satisfaction but have avoided the dusting qualification after threatening to de-clutter the house in an uncontrolled manner during early competency trials.

I`ve been put in charge of the garden, external glass (I remember that every few months) - everything car related - washing up, washing clothes..... I`ve actually started to enjoy doing the latter and got excited at being able to get more gadgety washer a few months back.

worrying really...........

Garden, OK, external glass also OK, car stuff OK but washing up iffy and enjoying laundry.......!!! It will be ironing next, then you're doomed.

More walks to Costa Coffee or anywhere called for.

Back to the elevation thingy. My sat nav also fluctauted about 5ft above or below the figure I gave. I will have to see if it settles down if left on for a while when get the time.

My sat nav also fluctuated by about +/- 5ft from the figure I gave. I must see if it settles down if left on for a while when I get time.

What`s your elevation? - notathletic

My sat nav also fluctuated by about +/- 5ft from the figure I gave. I must see if it settles down if left on for a while when I get time.

Has it settled down yet?

Forgot about checking to be honest. Will try to remember later.

Nice steady 743ft tonight, straight from turning on.

What`s your elevation? - Collos25

371feet here in Dresden

What`s your elevation? - Armitage Shanks {p}

At my workstation in the East Midlands 247 ft amsl 40 minutes to going home which is 380 ft amsl

What`s your elevation? - Dutchie

My elevation a few years ago visiting my birth village Nieuweschans a meter below sea level.What would the Dutch do without sea defences.:)

What`s your elevation? - dadbif

1,034 feet, big hills outside Valencia, Spain

What`s your elevation? - Pebble

Elevation is a weird thing around here (La$ Vega$); imagine living at the bottom of a cereal bowl, slightly tilted from northwest to southeast but otherwise flat, and surrounded by high mountains. I believe the elevation of the valley floor itself is 2100 feet, and the surrounding mountains go anywhere from 6 to 12 thousand. To get out of town in any direction you have to navigate a mountain pass (tricky in winter).

What`s your elevation? - madf

620 feet Staffordshire Moorlands.

That's if the rain is not washing the house down nearer the sea...