99 1.9 306 flasher unit location - s999srk
Evening,

Does anyone know where the flasher unit is on this car, is it the big orange cube in the footwell fuse box, i know this also function the rear heated windscreen, but could it do both?

Many thanks
99 1.9 306 flasher unit location - elekie&a/c doctor
The flasher/hazard relay and the hrw relay are totally different devices.The flasher relay will have 3 pins .The hrw relay may have 4 or 5 pins.Is it possible that the relays have been mixed up and are now in the wrong locations?Also ther are other relays situated behind the fuse box ,on the bulkhead.hth
99 1.9 306 flasher unit location - s999srk
Cheers for the reply elekie

Sorry for so much text but heres the score so far

rear heated windscreen stopped working, so i checked the relay to see if it was that, when i prised it out, there was a spark, saw there was scorch marks to the prongs, put it back in and since then my indicators and hazards dont work, when i lock the car the indicators still flash though.

I have checked all the fuses under the dash and one had burnt out i changed it and the heated rear window works but still no luck with the indicators, i tried my brothers relay, from a 306 thats 3 years older and that still didnt work, there is burn marks to the socket where the relay plugs in, so thought maybe the problem could lie there i had a look at removing the fuse box under the dash earlier, couldnt move it much because the wires holding it in. i had a look at the wires that fed into this socket and they seemed intact.

I couldnt see any more relays behind the fuse board just plugs,
99 1.9 306 flasher unit location - elekie&a/c doctor
I would suggest re-check the fuses first.Not too concerned re the scorch marks on the prongs,this is fairly normal,provided the relay base/sockets are not melted.I think you will need to compare your brothers car to determine the exact location of the flasher relay.Listen /feel the clicking relay.There are lots of relay sockets ,some are vacant depending on car spec.hth