Another New Car Choice Query - paulvm
My wife is seeking a replacement for her Mondeo 2.0 Zetec, as it has done just over 125,000 and is starting to give niggly problems. However, she is also aware that the MPG of this car is not the best and the cost of fuel will continue to rise.
She requires a 5 door vehicle as she takes her elderly mother out once a week who requires a wheelchair. She also commutes 30 miles to work each way on 4 days per week. Her annual mileage is about 14,000 so it is marginal for diesel. She would like a more fuel efficient vehicle and is very keen on the new Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec. It has similiar fittings to her Mondeo, such as heated windscreen and trip computer etc., all items which she is keen to retain in a new car.
I run a Honda Accord Tourer and that is our general load carrier, so as long as her new car will accommodate her mother plus wheelchair then that would be ok. Almost all of her driving is on A and B roads, and she likes to have power to overtake when safe and appropriate. She would like to buy new as she has just had a policy pay out and her budget is up to about £11,000. Any suggestions from the Backroom would be greatly appreciated.
By the way she is not keen on either a Yaris or a Jazz - not sure why, but then that is one of the great mysteries of women.
Another New Car Choice Query - cheddar
We are also looking, wife wants a 6 year old TT, we drove a 225 the other day, OK though not up to the FocuST IMO.

So a Fiesta Zetec 1.4 or 1.25 is on the list, the dealer will offer £3000 for our Clio on scrappage though no other inducements. They are doing an Options quote as I write because it may offer benefits though we would rather pay cash.

We will also consider a Clio, perhaps one they call I-Music, because the current one has been great over the 9 years ish we have had it and scrapping it seems criminal, on the other hand it is worth maybe £750 so £3000 seems worthwhile.

Any ideas on top Fiesta / Clio deals?
Another New Car Choice Query - tintin01
I don't know if this is of interest to you. Hyundai are doing a scrappage plus top-up deal which brings the i30 1.4 down to £8,400.
Another New Car Choice Query - Brentus
Paulvm- I would certainly have a look at the Skoda Octavia. Especially as you say a wheelchair needs to be carried . The inside of the 5 door Octavia is cavernous. They give a good ride and the dealers seem to be helpful. Its your decision as to petrol or diesal but plenty to choose from. Good luck.
Another New Car Choice Query - barneybear
I would have thought new fiesta boot is too small to take wheelchair.
Small estate will make lifting the chair in and out much esaier - eg 207 sw, Fabia estate, Clio Estate. However when I was looking they were coming out more expensive than run of the mill estates. In the end I got Meagn estate 1.9 Cdi, turns in almost 60mpg and good enough pull at all levels, but comfortable too.