C220 - My new motor won't be a Merc ! - rdam
I had the pleasure to have an early C220 CDI, [5th merc, and there will no 6th] at last the car gave in and died it was a long and chronic illness, just a few of the conditions of the german disease, more new tyres than all my previous cars, heating packed up [plastic parts inside broke], ventilar packed up, nav system never ever worker properly, had enoug on 2 cd in the car, during the second dics playing it was hot enough to fry eggs, door rubbers came out at wil, roof rail covers detached and were attached a least twice a year, front spring failed mot, rear wheel axel is close to failure, and now the automatic gearbox has packed in and the care does't even start anymor

During all these wondersful events, MG gave zero support or took part of the cost on their account, a dealer I do know better said off the record this was a series that never should have been sold as the quality was 100% sheisse [cost savings under Herrn Schremp] So I have decided, I do like the new E class and would like to buy one, but as matter of principle will not let MB get their hands on my hard earned cash, the E seems to be a good car, but the last years was not a pleasure, so I am now visiting other showrooms,

rdam

SLT

Edited by Pugugly on 23/08/2009 at 11:02

re: my new motor not a merc - perro
My German bird (prussian actually) had a 230 CE auto mercedestalk.net/archive/1981-mercedes-benz-230ce-...n
from new in 83, sold it to an Israeli in 97 with 1/4 million miles on the clock, she then bought a new 250 Elegance ------------------> CARP!