Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - a900ss
Guys,

I've not long had my Saab 2000 9-3 after driving very modern machinery for many years now. Had to drive in the dark a few evenings ago and was astonished at just had bad the headlights were on this car. I decided to upgrade the bulbs for Philips X Treme +80 bulbs and the difference is amazing.

tinyurl.com/nas6ec

Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - Stuartli
At least you won't hit the garage door now...:-)

Incidentally the setting seems very low for dipped.
At least you won't hit the garage door now...:-)
Incidentally the setting seems very low for dipped.

My drives is on a fairly steep slope!!!! The photo is still relative though.

Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - gordonbennet
Good bulbs those, i stuck a pair in the old square headlight Benz...big improvement, then slipped a pair into the pick up as well for swmbo, again a worthwhile improvement, not wishful thinking, no bulbs blown yet.

Pity for those that have to remove front bumpers and perform contortions to fit a bulb..;)
Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - Hamsafar
The old bulb is terrible, was it fitted cock-eyed or something?
Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - EoinM
These are really a must for any car IMHO. I use Osram Nightbreakers in my Leon and it shows up the road much further ahead compared to the originals. Have also used the Phillips + 80's but when one blew the nearest motor factors didnt have them so went back to Osrams. Not much between them anyway to be honest.

The biggest bargain upgrade out there. £20 and you can see better and be seen...just make sure your lights are focussed:)

Edited by EoinM on 13/08/2009 at 09:21

The old bulb is terrible was it fitted cock-eyed or something?

I think something may have been amiss. I recently purchased the car and found the lights at night awful. I do find it strange that the new bulbs have considerably more definition. I haven't altered the beams in any way but that doesn;t mean that the original bulbs were fitted correctly.
Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - Hamsafar
Maybe a previous owner fitted it 120˚ out of alignment and the tab was not sat in it's locating hole? I think now you have more light and it won't dazzle people as the beam is much more accurate. I remember about 5 years ago, the first bulb test on AutoExpress showed about 1/6th of the bulbs tested were illegal due to beam problems and no further tests were carried out on those ones. I suppose your original could be just very poor quality.
The worrying thinkg is that BOTH of the originals were like that. One of the bulbs was marked Unipart, the other GE but I have no idea how old they were.
Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - bell boy
light years old?
Upgraded H4 headlights - photo to show difference - LikedDrivingOnce
light years old?

ROFLMAO ! :-) :-)