VED and cherished numbers - Mr Fox
Does anyone know if, I transfer my cherished number to my replacement car, can I carry on using the same tax disc ? the car is the same make, and technically will carry the same number plate.

Marc
VED and cherished numbers - Roger K.
No you can't.

Your local DVLA office that did the transfer will supply you with a replacement tax disc.
VED and cherished numbers - Dwight Van Driver
Very interesting Mr Fox.

Assuming the old and new cars are the same make.

You have a car ABC123 on cherished number and are using it with Excise licence No D 123456 (Dec 2002)issued to ABC123 so all is in order.

You buy a new car on which you are going to use the VRM ABC123
which has the earlier issued Excise licence so theoretically the excise duty has been paid to the end of the year on D 123456 for ABC123.

So you put the Licence on the new car and declare SORN on the old one if you havent got rid of it.

So as is suggested you have to tell DVLA who will then issue a replacement Licence which will show exactly the same partics for VRM ABC123 expiring Dec.

All very complicated but as the vehicles will not share the same chassis/engine number then I presume DVLA WILL have to be informed to marry the two up. If you go to their Web Site there is facility I believe to send an E Mail to clarify the position and what to do.

(Glad you have kept away from London today or you would have been beset by dogs)

DVD